Security and Privacy
Effective: August 28, 2018
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
As used below, the term “Personal Information” is used to indicate any piece of information or data that can be used to identify any individual. Personal Information may relate to you as a Member, or it may relate to the individual that is the subject of any Profile that you create, if you create a Profile for a child, parent or other loved one.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- You may browse the Site and download the Genus App without expressly providing us any Personal Information that expressly identifies you, however, in order to make full use of the Genus Services as made available via the Site and/or the Genus App, you will be required to register with us. When you register with us to create an account and become a member, we will ask you for certain Personal Information. In order to set up your account, you need to provide your email address and you will need to select a password. If you elect to add any other Personal Information to your Account we will collect that information and use it and share it as set forth below.
- As a Member, you may also set up one or more Profiles within the Genus Services. The Profile may be personal to you and your healthcare or the subject of the Profile may be a child, parent or other loved one. When you set up a Profile, you will be asked to provide Personal Information about the individual that is the subject of the Profile, whether yourself or your child, parent or other loved one. When you set up a Profile in the Genus Services. we will collect and store any Information that you may elect to provide to us as part of the Profile Content, which may include but is not limited to medication information, gender, date of birth, personal contacts, photographs and files, notes on your symptoms and other journal information, medical treatment instructions, medical appointments, insurance information, your doctor’s address information, advance directives, and prescription information. In the event you set up a Profile that relates to someone other than yourself, you are solely responsible for ensuring that you have any and all consents and permissions to share that Personal Information with us and to use that information as part of the Genus Services.
- With regard to recording care conversations; you are responsible for who you choose share the recorded conversation. The care partner who is party to the conversations is entitled to a copy of the recording between them and you.
- With regard to sharing a recorded conversation; when a recording is shared, it is stored on a secure server. Only those a link is shared with will be sent an authorization code (token) allowing recording to be played. While we make ‘best efforts’ to prevent unintended audiences for listening to shared recording, it is not a guarantee of privacy.
We also collect the following information any time you visit our Site or the GenusConnect App, as applicable. This information may not necessarily identify you, but if we have your Personal Information, or you otherwise set up an Account with us, we may link any of the below non-personal information with your Personal Information in our records.
- Browser Log Data.When you visit the Site, whether as a Member or a non-registered user just browsing the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Browser Log Data”). This Browser Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, operating system or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. For example, we use this information to verify that visitors to the Site meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do not treat Browser Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
- Google Analytics. Our Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies” (discussed below), which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Site, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
- App Usage Data.When you use the Genus App, whether as a Member or a non-registered user, our servers automatically record information that your mobile device sends whenever you use an Internet service. (“App Usage Data”). This App Usage Data may include information such as your mobile device’s IP address, device model and version, device identifier, operating system, time zone, name of your mobile operator or ISP, application performance measurements, and error conditions. It may also include a record of when specific features of the Genus App or Genus Service are used. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Genus App and Genus Service and for their technical administration, to increase their functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor them to our visitors’ needs. For example, we use this information to measure the popularity of different features and to more effectively resolve customer issues. We may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- We do not sell your Personal Information.
- We will use any Personal Information in your Account as well as information in your Profile to provide the Genus Services, complete your transactions, administer your inquiries, and present you with offers for products and services that we think may be of use or interest to you. We may contact you in various ways including but not limited to, via email, Inbox in the app, telephone, cell phone, and SMS/text messages.
- If you set up input medical, legal or financial information into a Profile and you have elected to share your location with us, we can help you locate the contact information and/or address of the prescribing physician, practice, pharmacy, attorney, financial planner or other related service which you can then elect to add to the applicable Profile.
- If you add Personal Information about medical conditions and/or health goals into a Profile, we may use that information to present you with information and/or offers that might relate to such medical conditions or health goals. If you register to receive any Genus Service, we may need additional Personal Information for the applicable Profile, which you may not have elected to provide us previously. We will use all Personal Information as necessary to provide you the Genus Services for which you have registered. By registering for such Services, you consent to receive emails or other communications from us pertaining to such Services and related care.
- We have a team of Genus Advisors to facilitate use of the site and Genus app. These Advisors may use your name, address, email, phone number, gender and birthdate (“Contact Information”), insurance information and App Usage Data to contact you about various health, legal or wealth management related products and service.
- We may aggregate and combine all Personal Information that we receive through your Member Accounts and your Profiles with the information of other Members and Profiles. We use this anonymous information to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of our services and to analyze and understand how our Site, Genus App and Genus Services are used.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- In the event that a third party Caregiver registers for access to the Genus Services pursuant to an invitation issued by your Account, we will provide them with access to all Profiles related to such Account. We cannot control how any Caregiver may use or disclose or otherwise exploit any Personal Information or other Profile Content that you may elect to make available to such third party. You expressly release Genus from any responsibility and liability resulting from any third party access to any Personal Information or Profile Content that you may permit. Any information you choose to provide and make available to third parties via the Genus Services should reflect how much you want others to know about you and the individual(s) whose information is in your Profile.
- Genus Services.If you elect to receive any of our Genus Services, we will share information from the applicable Profile as needed to provide the requested service. Your registration to receive any Genus Service constitutes your express consent for us to make such disclosures. If you share with us your credit card information in order to provide a Service, we will not retain your credit card data but simply pass it through to the party requiring payment.
- Other Third Parties.If you elect to use or otherwise take advantage of some of the other third party services that we may provide and make available to you, we will share certain of your information with such third party and will disclose to you at the time what information would be necessary to share with such third party.
- Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information.We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose non-Personal Information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes.
- Service Providers.We will disclose Personal Information to the third party service providers that we engage to assist us in making the Site, Genus App and Genus Services available. These service providers include, but are not limited to, our datacenter provider, storage provider, customer support system provider, email service providers, and software development contractors. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement.While Genus maintains information regarding your health on your behalf, Genus is not a covered entity under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). However, we take the protection of your private health information very seriously. In the event that we receive any subpoena or similar request from a court, government or law enforcement official, we will only disclose any Personal Information about you or other information in our custody or control as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Genus or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. Given the sensitivity of the Personal Information within your Profiles, it is our policy to carefully review any such request for information in our systems and we will decline to comply with any such request in our discretion.
- Business Transfers.Genus may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information and related Account, Profiles and Profile Content, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
CHANGING OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
All Members may review, update, correct or delete their Account information and any associated Personal Information or Profile Content by contacting us or by accessing the Genus Services. If you would like to close your Account or delete any Profile from your Account, you can do so by logging into your account and following the online instructions for closing you account. We will retain an archived copy of your records as set forth below please contact us at email@example.com.
We will retain the information you provide via our Site or the Genus App for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you with the Genus Services. We will also retain and use the information you provide via our Site or Genus App, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you delete your Account or any Profile, any Personal Information associated with the same is moved out of our active databases, but will still be retained in our systems pursuant to our data backup and retention policies.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS AND AD NETWORKS
Our Site does not have the capability to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from various web browsers.
SECURITY – HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
All communications between you and the Site, and between the App and the Site, are encrypted using the highest level encryption supported by your device. Data stored in the app and on the Site is encrypted at rest using industry-standard AES encryption.
Identity theft is of great concern to Genus. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about identity theft, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at www.ftc.gov.
The Site, Genus App and Genus Services rely on the Internet and mobile networks, which are not always secure. We use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality, availability and integrity of any information we collect, but we cannot assure that the use of the Site, Genus App or Genus Services are secure or that your Personal Information or any other data that we may have will be secure. In the event we become aware of a security incident, we will notify you to the extent required under applicable law.
REPORTING A PROBLEM
If you feel your account may have been compromised, or you discover abuse or misuse of Genus Services, the Site or the Genus App, please report it immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll investigate.
If you’re a security researcher who’s discovered an issue, please email email@example.com to report the issue.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Site may contain links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
The Site and Genus Apps are not directed to persons under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files. If you have created a Profile for a minor under the age of 18, you represent and warrant to us at Genus that you are the parent or legal guardian for that minor with a right to provide us the Personal Information of that minor.
Last Updated Date: August 27, 2018
You acknowledge and agree that, by accessing or using the genus Services, or by downloading, uploading, or posting any content from or on the Site or through the genus Services, you are indicating that you have read, and that you understand and agree to be bound by, these Terms, whether or not you have registered via the Site. If you do not agree to these Terms, then you have no right to access or use the Site or genus Services.
NO MEDICAL OR LEGAL ADVICE
When you register for access to the genus Services and successfully complete the account registration process you will become a “Member” of the genus Services. As a Member, you will have the opportunity to create one or more care profiles (“Profiles”) and to add information, data, and images to your Profile(s) (“Profile Content”). A Profile may relate to you or it may relate to your child, parent, or other person you are caring for. As a Member, you will have the opportunity to invite third-party caregivers (“Caregiver”) to access the Profiles that you create. If you elect to invite a Caregiver to access your Profile(s), that Caregiver will receive an invitation to register with the genus Services and will need to complete the account registration process to become a Member. In addition, you can give invited Caregiver partial or full access to your Profile(s) data as well as the ability to add, delete, distribute, download, and edit the same. Due to the sensitive and private nature of your information and the information of those loved ones on whose behalf you may be creating a Profile, we recommend that you protect the private and sensitive information contained within your Profile(s) and carefully consider the level of access you permit each Caregiver. All Members are responsible for monitoring the Profile Content uploaded or added to their Profiles, whether uploaded by the Member, by a Caregiver, or by other third parties.
If you are creating a profile on behalf of another person, by accepting these terms you attest that you are authorized by that person to create a profile on their behalf. To the extent you take action on behalf of the person you are caring for, you also attest that you have valid legal authority to take that action on their behalf.
Please note that you, and not genus, are responsible for maintaining and protecting all Profile Content. genus will not be liable to you or any other person or entity for any loss or corruption of your Profile Content, or for any costs or expenses associated with backing up or restoring any of your Profile Content.
We have a team of genus Advisors to support you in whatever way they can. By registering with us to access genus Services, you agree that genus and genus Advisors may contact you in various ways including, but not limited to: email, app inbox, direct mail, telephone, cell phone, and SMS/text messages, etc.) to discuss genus’ services as well as third-party services genus may make available
Certain areas of the Site (and your access to or use of certain aspects of the genus Services) may have different terms and conditions posted or may require you to agree with and accept additional terms and conditions in order to obtain access to or use of that Site area or genus Service. Any additional terms will be made available to you at the time you access that applicable Site area or genus Service. If there is a conflict between these Terms and terms and conditions posted for a specific area of the Site or particular genus Services, the latter terms and conditions will take precedence with respect to your use of or access to that area of the Site or particular genus Service, as applicable.
genus reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, discontinue, or terminate the genus Services or to modify these Terms, at any time and without prior notice. If we modify these Terms, we will post the modified Terms and alert you to the modified Terms on the Site or otherwise provide you with notice of the modification. We will also update the “Last Updated Date” at the top of these Terms. By continuing to access or use the genus Services after we have posted a modification on the Site or have provided you with notice of a modification, you are indicating that you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If the modified Terms are not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease using the Site and genus Services.
The Site and genus Services are intended solely for persons who are 13 or older. Any access to or use of the genus Services by anyone under 13 is expressly prohibited. By accessing or using the genus Services you represent and warrant that you are 13 or older.
In order to access the genus Services, including: (i) create and manage a Profile and (ii) post any Profile Content through the genus Services, you must register to create an account (“Account”) and become a Member. You agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information during the registration process and to update such information to keep it accurate, current, and complete. genus reserves the right to suspend or terminate your Account if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, not current, or incomplete. You will be asked to create a password when you create your Account. genus does not have access to your passwords and if you forget your password you will be asked to create a new one. You are responsible for safeguarding your password. You agree that you will not disclose your password to any third-party and that you will take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your Account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify genus if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your Account.
The Site, genus Services and other content provided by genus, including the trademarks, trade dress and copyrightable text (collectively, the “genus Content”), are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries and are the proprietary designations of genus. Any other trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective parties. You acknowledge and agree that the Site, genus Services, and genus Content, including all associated intellectual property rights, are the exclusive property of genus and its licensors. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Site, genus Services, or genus Content.
LICENSE GRANTED BY MEMBER
LICENSES GRANTED BY GENUS TO GENUS CONTENT AND MEMBER CONTENT
Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of these Terms, genus grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to view, download, and print any genus Content solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes. You will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, download, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Site, genus Services or genus Content, except as expressly permitted in these Terms. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by genus or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms. Any misuse of the Site, genus Services or genus Content available via the same may be pursued by genus to the fullest extent permitted by law.
In addition, if you are invited as a Caregiver to receive access to one or more Profile(s) by another Member(s) subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of these Terms, genus grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the Profile Content to which you are granted access by another Member. You have no right to sublicense the license rights granted in this section. Unless otherwise agreed between you and the Member granting you access to such Profile Content, all Profile Content is deemed to be confidential and you may not publicly disclose, display, distribute, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise use or exploit any Profile Content for any purpose other than the lawful provision and assistance of the management of the personal care of the individual to whom the Profile Content relates.
From time to time, we may present you with offers or promotions we believe to be helpful or relevant, which may be from us at genus or from third parties. Certain of these offers may require you to share or enter additional information about you or any member. You are responsible for managing the information you choose to share. genus is providing the platform through which these services can be coordinated and managed, and although we attempt to select the highest quality third-party partners and providers, we are not responsible for the choices you make to share your private information, or the accuracy or quality of such third-party services. In many cases, genus is only a venue for you to access a third-party service and genus is not a party to, nor otherwise involved in any transactions entered into via or facilitated by such third-party services. Furthermore, genus is not liable or responsible for any dispute that arises between you and any third-party.
In addition, genus will do its best to enable you to use the genus Service as a singular console through which these third-party services may be managed, including facilitating the delivery and receipt of communications between you and your care providers. We cannot guarantee that we can or will be able to maintain our relationship with any particular third-party. We also are not responsible for any of the service levels, availability, or quality of any such connections with third parties, and disclaim any responsibility for errors or miscommunication with the same. To the extent providing other services requires actions on your behalf, you consent to appointing genus as your agent as reasonably needed to facilitate those services – however you will not hold genus liable for failing to act on your behalf.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvements to the genus Services (“Feedback”). You may submit Feedback by emailing us at email@example.com, or via the Help link on the Site. You acknowledge and agree that if you submit any Feedback to us, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable, and transferable license under any and all intellectual property rights that you own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise exploit the Feedback for any purpose without any compensation to you of any kind.
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation;
- Post, upload, publish, submit, or transmit any Profile Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates, or violates a third-party’s privacy or any rights of publicity, or any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights, or other intellectual property rights; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment, or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- Use, display, mirror, or frame the Site, or any individual element within the genus Services or genus Content, or genus’ name, any genus trademark, logo, or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without genus’ express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use restricted areas of the Site, genus’ computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of genus’ providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any genus system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by genus or any of genus’ providers or any other third-party (including another user) to protect the Site, genus Services, genus Content or Profile Content;
- Attempt to access or search the Site, genus Services, or genus Content or download genus Content or Profile Content from the genus Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device, or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by genus or other generally available third-party web browsers;
- Use the genus Services or Site to send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or other form of solicitation;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a genus trademark, logo URL, or product name without genus’ express written consent;
- Use the Site, genus Services, genus Content or Profile Content for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third-party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Site or genus Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software or recordings used to provide the Site or genus Services;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Site or genus Services; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
- Use any information, recording captured, stored or shared with genus for any litigation purpose. By means of example, you will not use an audible recording, or failure of a recording of a care partner in any legal proceeding against the care partner or genus for any reason.
genus will have the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any of the above to the fullest extent of the law. genus may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who violate these Terms.
You acknowledge that genus has no obligation to monitor your access to or use of the Site or genus Services or to review or edit any Profile Content, but has the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Site and genus Services, to ensure your compliance with these Terms, and to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body.
genus reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any Profile Content that genus, at its sole discretion, considers to be in violation of these Terms or otherwise harmful to the Site or genus Services.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that genus is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by genus of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources or the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources.
NOTIFICATION OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. It is genus’ policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website, genus will respond in a timely manner to claims of copyright infringement committed using the genus website (the “Site”) that are reported to genus’ Designated Copyright Agent, identified in the sample notice below.
If you are a copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site by completing the DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to genus’ Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of the Notice as described below, genus will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged material from the Site.
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice – you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site where such material may be found.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
- “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to genus’ Designated Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMINATION AND ACCOUNT CANCELLATION
If you breach any of these Terms, genus will have the right to suspend or disable your Account or terminate these Terms of service and disable access to your Profiles, including those Profiles to which you have been permitted access by other Members, at its sole discretion and without prior notice to you. genus reserves the right to revoke your access to and use of the Site and genus Services at any time, with or without cause. You may cancel your Account at any time by sending an email to email@example.com .
You warrant and represent to genus that your use of the genus Services, whether as a Profile-creator or as a Caregiver, is solely for lawful purposes to facilitate the care of the individual that is the subject of the Profile. Neither the genus Services, nor the Site, nor any genus Content, nor any Profile Content may be used in any instance for any unlawful purpose.
THE SITE, GENUS SERVICES, AND GENUS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, GENUS EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. GENUS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE, GENUS SERVICES OR GENUS CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. GENUS MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY SERVICES OR GENUS CONTENT AVAILABLE FROM OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE GENUS SERVICES OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS, OR RELIABILITY OF ANY GENUS CONTENT OR PROFILE CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE GENUS SERVICES. PROFILE CONTENT IS SUBMITTED SOLELY BY MEMBERS AND GENUS HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR THE TRUTHFULNESS OR ACCURACY OF THE SAME.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM GENUS OR THROUGH THE SITE OR GENUS SERVICES, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS GENUS, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE LEGAL AND ACCOUNTING FEES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (I) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE, GENUS SERVICES, ANY GENUS CONTENT OR ANY PROFILE CONTENT (WHETHER OR NOT IT IS A PROFILE YOU CREATED OR OTHERWISE), (II) ANY USE OF OUR SITE OR GENUS SERVICES FOR ANY UNLAWFUL OR INAPPROPRIATE CONDUCT, OR (III) ANY ACT OR OMISSION BY YOU THAT CONSTITUTES AN ACTUAL OR ALLEGED VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE AND GENUS SERVICE, REMAINS WITH YOU. NEITHER GENUS NOR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SITE OR GENUS SERVICES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR GENUS SERVICES OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS A PROFILE OR ANY SPECIFIC PROFILE CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT GENUS HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
IN NO EVENT WILL GENUS’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR GENUS SERVICES EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO GENUS FOR USE OF THE SAME, IF YOU HAVE MADE ANY PAYMENTS TO GENUS FOR USE OF THE SAME OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), WHICHEVER IS GREATER. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN GENUS AND YOU.
CONTROLLING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or other intellectual property rights, as contemplated below in “Dispute Resolution” will be the state and federal courts located in the Eastern District of Michigan and each of the parties hereto waives any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between genus and you regarding the Site and genus Services, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between genus and you regarding the Site and genus Services. In the event that you have elected to access restricted portions of the Site or use additional genus Services, which are subject to additional terms and conditions, any additional terms and conditions applicable to that portion of the Site or additional genus Service are expressly included within these Terms as well.
You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without genus’ prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. genus may assign or transfer these Terms, at its sole discretion, without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications permitted or required hereunder, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be in writing and given by genus: (i) via email (in each case to the address that you provide); or (ii) by posting to the Site. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
You and genus agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or the use of the genus Services (collectively, “Disputes”) will be settled by binding arbitration, except that each party retains the right to bring an individual action in small claims court and the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or other intellectual property rights. You acknowledge and agree that you and genus are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action or representative proceeding. Further, unless both you and genus otherwise agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of any class or representative proceeding. If this specific paragraph is held unenforceable, then the entirety of this “Dispute Resolution” section will be deemed void. Except as provided in the preceding sentence, this “Dispute Resolution” section will survive any termination of these Terms.
Arbitration Rules and Governing Law. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by this “Dispute Resolution” section. (The AAA Rules are available from their web site or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.) The Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this Section.
Arbitration Process. A party who desires to initiate arbitration must provide the other party with a written Demand for Arbitration as specified in the AAA Rules. The arbitrator will be either a retired judge or an attorney licensed to practice law in the state of Michigan and will be selected by the parties from the AAA’s roster of consumer dispute arbitrators. If the parties are unable to agree upon an arbitrator within seven (7) days of delivery of the Demand for Arbitration, then the AAA will appoint the arbitrator in accordance with the AAA Rules.
Arbitration Location and Procedure. Unless you and genus otherwise agree, the arbitration will be conducted in Macomb county MI. If your claim does not exceed $10,000, then the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents you and genus submit to the arbitrator, unless you request a hearing or the arbitrator determines that a hearing is necessary. If your claim exceeds $10,000, your right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules, n Macomb county MI. Subject to the AAA Rules, the arbitrator will have the discretion to direct a reasonable exchange of information by the parties, consistent with the expedited nature of the arbitration.
Arbitrator’s Decision. The arbitrator will render an award within the time frame specified in the AAA Rules. The arbitrator’s decision will include the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator based the award. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator’s award damages must be consistent with the terms of the “Limitation of Liability” section above as to the types and the amounts of damages for which a party may be held liable. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the claimant and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the claimant’s individual claim.
Fees. You are responsible to pay any AAA filing, administrative and arbitrator fees as set forth by agency.
Changes. Notwithstanding the provisions of the “Modification” section above, if genus changes this “Dispute Resolution” section after the date you first accepted these Terms (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice (including by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) within 30 days of the date such change became effective, as indicated in the “Last Updated Date” above or in the date of genus’ email to you notifying you of such change. By rejecting any change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any Dispute between you and genus in accordance with the provisions of this “Dispute Resolution” section as of the date you first accepted these Terms (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms). Your further agree you will cease using genus services, until a written agreement has been reached. RXJ828
The failure of genus to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of genus. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact genus at email@example.com